Share

Friday, June 19, 2009

Why You Should #FollowFriday ... @GrammarCops

True Story – Until Culturatti Kids staffer Amy (yup, I’m doing true confessions here) was 24, she didn’t know what a preposition was. Go ahead and be appalled. I was. It wasn’t until taking Latin in college (for fun no less) that Amy actually got to learn about prepositions and predicate nominatives and direct objects. You see, in Latin, grammar is very important. I just wish that more people thought that about English! Yes, I do realize that based on the type of Twitter Friends Culturatti Kids has, I’m preaching to the choir.

A round of applause for the Choirmaster! Or should that be the cops coming to warn us for singing too loudly? Either way, this week’s #FollowFriday goes to @GrammarCops for looking out for the integrity of the English Language! Check out their webpage at http://grammarcops.wordpress.com/ for tips, observations, and a kind reminder not to end your sentences with a preposition (now that you know what they are).

PS – I’m fully prepared for @GrammarCops to edit this post and point out any and all of my grammar errors. I’ve been preparing myself all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment